1000 Shades of Grey
Monday, December 08, 2008
One year on from a number of things
It's been a long, and unsurprisingly hectic, few months since I last posted anything on here. I'm pleased to say that our son has successfully survived the first year of his life with only one trip to hospital and no lasting damage (apart from the psychological harm inflicted by us as parents).
Anyway, not only is it one year on from the dramatic birth, it's also time for Swiss Toni's annual Shuffleathon. I've now, finally, completed by CD and sent it out in the post and the track listing is as follows:
1. Killing In The Name - Rage Against The Machine
2. Our Velocity - Maximo Park
3. Get the Keys and Go - Llama Farmers
4. Suicide is Painless (Theme from MASH) - Manic Street Preachers
5. Scooby Snacks - Fun Lovin' Criminals
6. How Come - Embrace
7. Set the Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol (featuring Martha Wainwright)
8. Zuton Fever - The Zutons
9. In the Ghetto - Elvis Presley
10. The One I Love - REM
11. I Will Hold On - Trent
12. Half The World Away - Oasis
13. Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell
14. Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
It's taken a while for me to settle the order, not least because until Zane Lowe did the latest Masterpieces series on Radio One, Rage Against The Machine's self titled debut was sat gathering dust in a box, but inspired to dig it out, I think it's a great opening track.
Maximo Park get on, thanks to Cat's CD which I received last year, and there are reappearances by REM, FLC and Oasis (albeit different tracks).
I hope that the whole thing sits quite well as an album, and I'd equally hope that it takes the listener on a bit of a gradual journey without too many hard shocks to the system.
Hopefully, if you are the lucky recipient and you are reading this having listened, then you'll have found at least a couple of things to enjoy.
Comments: Post a Comment