<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Monday, March 19, 2007
 
BMI Baby
As you may recall, I've steadily been looking at ways to improve my health over the last 15 months or so. In January 2006 I gave up alcohol for a month, and in doing so transformed my approach to booze. During Lent last year I gave up having sugar in my tea and coffee, something which I subsequently carried on. Last summer, I joined a football team.

As a result of these small steps, together with a much improved approach to portion control, I am pleased to say that my Body Mass Index is now an astonishingly healthy 22, putting me right in the middle of the healthy section of the graph, given my height and current weight.

In effect my weight is now down at the same level it was when I was 20, and with my weekly bursts of football related exercise (in particular the gruelling two hour training session on a Tuesday evening) I'm in the best shape I've been in for a long time. My beer belly, nurtured over years of studious drinking is now largely gone. My double chin has diminished, my stamina has increased and most of my clothes now look incredibly baggy. In short, I'm half the man I used to be.

Not bad, seeing as I recently turned 28, and have spent much of the last eight years doing very little exercise (one half marathon, notwithstanding).

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory