<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
 
Brown Sugar
Today is the 1st of March, St David's Day and also Ash Wednesday.

Being the first day of Lent it's time to try and take my new healthier lifestyle to the next level. Having given up alcohol for pretty much the whole of January (the knock on effect of which is that I've seriously cut back how much I drink) I've now resolved to give up sugar in my tea and coffee for Lent.

Now, I realise this may look like a fairly minor gesture. After all, it's only one small teaspoon of sugar that used to go into my hot drinks (at one stage in my youth it was three in tea and two in coffee). However, I generally average about 4 cups of tea or coffee a day, which is the equivalent of me eating a tablespoon of sugar every 24 hours.

Now the sweetness which used to lift the bitterness in those drinks presents another challenge to be conquered in my ongoing quest to lead a healthier lifestyle. (To which end I played football for the first time in about two years last weekend.)

It could be a long six and a half weeks, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory