<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
 
Appraise me like they should
Those of you with memories for such things will recall this post and this post, in which my employer treated me first to the stick and then to a degree of carrot.

Well, last week I had my latest appraisal, in which my future, following the expiry of my fixed term contract in the autumn, was discussed.

The conversation went something like this:

Them: "We like you"

Me: "..."

Them: "We think you've developed well since your last appraisal"

Me: "..." (I decided silence was golden)

Them: "We still think there's more to come"

Me: "..."

Them: "You still get distracted a bit too easily"

Me: "..."

Them: "We'd like to keep you."

Me: "Good" (Cue mental celebrations whilst all the time maintaining a poker face)

So looks like I'll be around these parts for a while yet. The years of study and training (and massive debts) look like they might finally be coming to an end. Hurrah!

Comments:
That's a great story. Waiting for more. »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory