<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Thursday, July 28, 2005
 
Pulling my finger out
Keen eyed readers may have noticed I haven't posted anything on here for almost three weeks. Obviously this is a far from ideal situation, unfortunately I was appraised in work and have been working my arse off ever since.

The reason for my increased zeal is that my appraisal went something along the lines of:

Them: "We like you"

Me: "Good"

Them: "We think the work you've done is good"

Me: "Good"

Them: "If things continue as they are we won't renew your contract because you haven't shown enough commitment"

Me: "Eh? – but you like me and the work I've done, why not?" (Well that's what I should have said, actually I just nodded and made some comments about trying to show my commitment better.)

To that end, I've been spending more time in the office, staying later etc, and also trying to shun the siren which summons me on to the rocks of unemployment that is the internet.

Needless to say I'm going to keep blogging, and try to update things as and when I can, but sadly can't risk spending ages reading other blogs or updating this one – which is a real arse, but nowhere near as big an arse as not being offered a new job next year.

Comments:
Best regards from NY! » » »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory