<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
 
Shuffling along
Despite largely keeping quiet about my musical tastes on here (and pretty much everything else in my life in recent months) I've signed myself up for the Shuffleathon 2007, which is being organised by Swiss Toni. The idea being that everyone's names go in a hat, and are drawn at random, and you then send the person you've been allocated a mix-CD with at least ten songs on, for their listening pleasure, whilst someone else returns the favour.

This morning, sat in my inbox, was the email telling me who I am supposed to be sending my CD to, which makes the whole thing all the more real, and potentially means that the person who pulled me out of the hat will be now scouring my archives looking for information on my musical tastes (or not, as the case may be). If you are that person, can I point you towards the A-Z of music feature on The Art of Noise, where I contributed to almost all of the letters (not A or B mind) which should give you a flavour of my tastes. However, I'd add, that if you can't be bothered with that much work, that's not a problem - I still look forward to receiving your CD.

For the poor unfortunate receiving my CD, it's currently about 90% decided, with my plan being to load it all on my ipod as a play list, to check it all fits together as an ensemble, before I burn it on to CD. If anyone is reading this and knows something about writing music to CDs using itunes, am I correct in thinking all I have to do is burn the playlist onto the CD and it'll then merrily play in a CD player, or am I going to lumber some poor unfortunate with a CD that won't play? (Yes, I probably should have worked this out before signing up, but where's the fun in that?)

Right, anyway, better get rummaging through my CD collection for those final couple of tracks I think I want to stick on the CD - will post a track listing here once the dust has settled, and am duty bound to post a review of the CD I receive as part of the process.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory