<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Thursday, August 24, 2006
 
Sidelined
One week after announcing my late bid for footballing stardom, I'm sick as a parrot having picked up a knock in pre-season, which is likely to leave me kicking my heels on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, and must make me doubtful for our opening league fixture against Cambridge Knights on 3 September.

Basically, I turned my ankle in training last night (having already felt a twinge in the Achilles tendon in my other leg). By the time I got home it had ballooned to be the size of a tennis ball, but following the standard RICE procedure (Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate) was happy to note it had halved in size before I went to bed.

Unfortunately, I'm still hobbling today, and struggling to put a great deal a weight on it (and the great deal of weight is one of the reasons for doing the exercise in the first place).

Hopefully, I'll be able to resume training in a week or so, but it's not looking too good at the moment.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory