<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
 
You can do a lot with 15 minutes
Andy Warhol famously commented that every person will enjoy 15 minutes of fame in their lifetime.

Looking back over my twenty something years, I appear to be accumulating my minutes in a piecemeal fashion, rather than the concentrated burst of a Big Brother evictee enjoying their week of fame before they are usurped by the next freak out of the house.

Tallying it up, I'm sure that for Warhol's theory to be born out, I've not finished with my brief brushes with the media.

So far:

Non-speaking appearances on Local News: 3 (1 as a toddler, 2 as a teenager)
Interviews on Local BBC Radio: 1
Starring in quizzes on Local Commercial Radio: 1 (although I was on it for 4 consecutive days)
Interviews on BBC2: 1
Appearances on Channel 4 Quiz Shows: 1
Conversations with Divas on Radio 1: 1 (Listen here – I'm on towards the end of the interview (about 2 hours into the show) and in no way sound pervy)
Appearances in Hello!: 1
Letters published in national newspapers: 2
Letters published in magazines: 1

I've left off the times I’ve appeared in any local free papers – cos quite frankly they'd print "Man Crosses Road" if they still had space to fill.

So that's it – no real burst of sustained exposure to the bright lights of fame, and bugger all to show for it in terms of financial reward….


…yet.

Comments:
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
 
Excellent, love it! »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory