<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Thursday, July 07, 2005
 
In my thoughts
Had planned to blog about loads of good stuff today – London winning the battle to stage the 2012 Olympics, seeing REM and the Zutons in concert last night (sadly I arrived too late to see any of Idlewild's set).

However events in London have rather taken the edge off things today, and I've been far more worried for the safety of everyone I know down there. Events have prompted me to send text messages galore to everyone I could think of who might be affected, including people I've not spoken to for several years, whose numbers were simply still in my phone.

Despite no longer being in London, I really feel quite shaken by the whole thing - I think knowing so many people in the vicinity of some of the explosions, and also regularly passing through some of the stations involved over the last few years, has really brought things home to me.

Needless to say, I'm not exactly being productive today. My thoughts being with everyone affected.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory