<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Thursday, June 23, 2005
 
Cat and Potatoes
Exciting events in the 1000Shades household, as our new Sofas finally arrived this week (not yet checked for their ability to withstand blood spatter).

It makes such a change to be able to slump in front of the TV and actually be comfortable while we do it. Turning into a couch potato has never felt so good! It also means we can afford to have more than one person stay without compelling someone to sleep on the floor or with the cat.

Well, I say sleep with the cat, she seems to be spending more and more of the night hours prowling the house, and has developed a habit of walking over my sleeping torso and licking my face until I wake up and feed her at 5am. This is already turning into something of a battle of wills, with my natural stubbornness matched with my natural desire to do anything to get more sleep. So far the stubbornness is holding out, and the bags under my eyes are growing.

The thing is, that having tried shutting her in a different room she still manages to wake us with her loud meowing. All suggestions as to how we overcome this problem that don't involve the River Trent and a sack with rocks in gratefully received.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory