<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Monday, May 23, 2005
 
Hole in my plan
After a pleasant weekend visiting my in-laws, we returned on Sunday afternoon, armed with all manner of tools to enable us to fully prepare for next week's visit (but sadly no bunting).

Right, I thought, time to connect the Tumble Dryer.

So it was that I, armed with an elongated drill bit, began drilling holes in the wall of my shed. (Obviously it's my shed, as the man, all things shed-related automatically become my responsibility – I think it all stems back to cavemen, but I could be wrong.)

Two hours later and I have stopped drilling, and taken to attacking the brick with a hammer and chisel. I had planned to be finished by now, with my feet up and the TV on. Instead I am crouched in the rain attacking a stubborn brick wall.

Suddenly, movement!

The half of the brick I want out finally gives way, and light gushes forth through the hole into my shed. Unfortunately, the Tube that I need to feed through the wall still doesn't quite fit. I then spend a further forty minutes chiselling away odd pieces of mortar before finally forcing the tube into the hole (perhaps lubricant would have been helpful at this juncture – but it's no use being wise after the event).

After that it was all relatively easy, with the pieces all fitting together perfectly, and now we have a working tumble dryer, and a space in our kitchen where it used to sit.

The Great Tidy Up has started, and the shed now looks immaculate.

As an aside, it's interesting to note that both our sets of parents have commented on the fact that we'll need to spend the whole week tidying. Despite the obvious fact that this is true, it still seems slightly hurtful that without their even having seen the place lately they think it will need a week's worth of cleaning.

Comments:
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory