<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
 
Sitting Pretty
It arrives.

It's in a box, but it's here, safe and sound. Now I just need to put it together.

Abandoning all pretence of work, I spread the pieces out on the floor, and slowly begin to attach them to one another.

When it is done, it stands majestic, proudly surveying the whole of the office.

Despite being a relatively junior member of staff I have a new chair. It's leather and truly magnificent.

The reason for my sudden surge up the chair hierarchy is that previously I was on the crappest chair in the office. So shitty was my old chair, that even the secretary on what she thought was a crap chair has turned her nose up at it as a replacement.

See how easily I have distanced myself from the old thing.

It served me fairly well for eight months, but now that my new love has arrived, I've abandoned it – cutting it loose in the office to see whether anyone wants it. It sits unloved and empty – a forlorn picture of blue fabric and armless plastic.

I sit in my leather chair, complete with arms, and lovely tilting back and pity the old chair in its worthlessness. I feel like I have abandoned an old faithful servant for a new exciting younger model, and I just don't care.

If it's always going to feel this good, I'm not changing my chair again, ever.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory