<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
 
Politics
I'm taking part in a discussion over on Silent Words Speak Loudest this week about the General Election, which is worth a read.

On the subject of the election, I've just seen the list of candidates campaigning for my vote. Step forward candidates for Labour (current MP Liz Blackmore), The Liberal Democrats, The Conservative Party, UKIP, the BNP, The Official Monster Raving Loony Party (there's an unofficial one?), The Church of the Militant Elvis Party and the party leader of Veritas (one Robert Kilroy-Silk).

If anyone's interested, I now know where Kilroy lives. Shockingly he doesn't even live close to the Borough, but then neither does the Tory, so I'm sure both will be in touch with local issues.

What unnerves me most is the preponderance of parties with a broadly right-wing agenda. What does it say about the neighbourhood that at least four anti-Europe parties would consider standing (I don't actually know the views held by the Monster Raving Loonies or the Church of Militant Elvis on Europe)?

Also, I never realised Elvis was militant. Or is it his church that is militant? They hardly sound very friendly. Presumably they all get together singing Heartbreak Hotel and march up and down before going home to polish their guns and blue suede shoes. Having read their manifesto I'm not really any the wiser, but at least they appear to be seasoned campaigners.

I look forward to having them come to my door, provided they leave the fire-arms and jump suits at home.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory