<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Friday, April 15, 2005
 
Man-Flu
I'm currently trying to ward off man-flu. My whole body aches, my throat is sore, I've got a fuzzy head and generally feel a bit crappy.

Unfortunately, I've also got too much work to do that I can't take a day off sick, and am due to be in Cardiff this weekend, so can't afford to be unwell.

My wife (who is obviously not a man) is not being particularly sympathetic.

However, I think this has more to do with the fact that by dint of her gender, she can't have experienced man flu. I suppose it’s like child birth, only then the boot is obviously on the other foot. Although, at least then you get something new at the end of it, to compensate for any discomfort that you might feel, and doctors on hand to offer all manner of drugs.

Man-flu on the other hand just leaves you (well, me) feeling crappy and desperately in need of both sleep and lucozade, and the closest I get to being offered drugs is the paracetamol in the cupboard at work.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory