<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
 
Wanted: Respite
Did you ever have one of those weeks where you simply wish you'd stayed in bed on Monday morning?

It's Tuesday and I've already come to the conclusion that Friday can't come soon enough. I'm tired, I feel run down, I badly want sleep, I nearly got killed on my way in this morning, and work is by turns both dull and stressful (trust me it can happen).

The situation isn't helped by the fact that (Easter aside) my first holiday of the year isn't for several months, and all of my colleagues are heading off to the slopes. Nor is it helped by the fact that I've spent the last season fending off some form of evil illness which makes me feel like crap, but not to the point where I can legitimately call in sick (not that I'd get any rest if I was – being ill is rubbish).

Is it just me, or are there times when we all could do to just have a few days where we don't have to go to work, and nothing bad happens in our absence? Not so much "stop the world I want to get off", more "pause the world I'd like a quiet sit and a bit of kip".

Maybe it's just because I'm tired at the moment, but I really want to just crawl under my desk and go to sleep for an hour or so…

Comments:
best regards, nice info »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory