<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Friday, February 11, 2005
 
The Play What I Saw
Rather than sit and watch Sven's boys bore draw with Holland on Wednesday night, we went to the theatre to see The Play What I Wrote. The play, based upon the double act of Morecombe and Wise, and featuring several of their jokes wasn't quite the side-splitting-laugh-so-hard-you-wet-yourself experience I had hoped, but nonetheless did have me chuckling along at several points.

Aside from being based upon Britain's most famous comedy double act, it is also notable for featuring a mystery guest star. Its West End run has featured such names as Ewan McGregor, Ian McKellen and Dawn French. Last night's performance in Nottingham was graced by Dame Sian Phillips. Apparently she's famous for work in productions such as I, Claudius, which I'm unfortunately too young to have seen.

Regardless of the fact that I hadn't really heard of her, unlike the guffawing codgers in front of us, her appearance was nonetheless highly entertaining, and her brief cameo certainly helped the second half of the performance to exceed the laughter levels of the first.

All in all, an enjoyable evening, made all the better for the fact that we got moved down a level in the theatre, as only about 5 people had booked the really cheap seats, and they decided against opening the balcony.

One question though, why are theatre seats so cramped? It would greatly improve my desire to attend if they had seats laid out for anyone over 4' 6".

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory