<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Friday, January 14, 2005
 
Tomorrow's chip paper
Last night I got home from work, avoided the collection of letters and flyers that get pushed through our door during the day and turned the light on.

(It's sad when you leave the house and get home from work in the dark.)

Picking up the papers, I found a leaflet from a roofer offering his services (four months after I needed one) and a "newspaper". I've used the inverted commas there to show that whilst the article in question might be printed on cheap paper and be attempting to masquerade as proper investigative journalism, I was disgusted to find a copy of the British National Party's "newspaper" on my doorstep.

Quite why this piece of vile propagandist shit had been shoved through my letterbox, I do not know.

Is it because the person I bought the house from used to receive it? (Doubtful as we've been in since August and this is the first one we've received).

Is it because the deliverer has pushed it through the wrong letterbox? (Possible)

Is it because I look like I might be interested and they've pushed it through on the off chance? (I fucking hope not)

Or have they pushed this crap through the letterbox of everyone in the street? (Probably)

The question now is, what should I do with it?

My natural inclination is to recycle it, in the hope that some good might come from it. However, if I leave it out, will someone think I paid the 50p to buy one, and that I'm really a supporter?

What if someone comes along and take it away and read it, either outside my house, or further down the recycling chain?

Or should I just rip it up and bin it, screwing the environment over in a one man vendetta against something I wouldn't even wipe my backside on?


For my previous postings about free speech and the BNP look here and here.

Comments:
This is very interesting site... » » »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory