<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
 
Nothing better to post about
Thanks to a certain SOB that I know – I'm supposed to fill out a questionnaire thingy he sent me and then pass it on.

So here goes:

What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

None, zero, zilch, nada. Not because I am a technophobe (although that may be partly true), but because I'm restricted to using my work computer and don’t think playing music in my open plan office would lead to a long and successful career. Not in my current line of work anyway.

The last CD you bought is:
Kasabian, by Kasabian. It's really good, more people should go and buy it.

What is the song you last listened to before reading this?

Universally Speaking by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers – it was on Radio 1 as I got to work, a fine way to start the day in my opinion.

Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

In no particular order:

Coming Home by Mark Knopfler – Newcastle United run out to it, and it always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up in anticipation.

Sweetest Decline by Beth Orton – makes me think of the Mrs every time I hear it.

Great Things by Echobelly - I know that I get the piss taken for liking Echobelly, but this is one of those songs that immediately takes me back to the hazy summers of my teenage years – great times and a lot of very happy memories.

Nobody Does It Better by Carly Simon - It was the song my wife and I first danced to at our wedding reception, a very happy memory of a wonderful day. (Oh, and it's the theme song to a really good Bond film.)

There She Goes by The La's – Makes me think of my mates, taking the piss and singing in falsetto voices. It seemed funny at the time, and still makes me smile. Just me then?

Like all lists of this sort, I'd probably give you a different list if you asked me tomorrow, but it'll do for now.

Who are you going to stick it to next and why?

Probably Del, Jo and the author of Pentup Digital Fury.
They are all into their music, and in Del's case it’ll give him something to do whilst he's off work sick.

Comments:
Excellent, love it! » »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory