<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
 
New resolve
Last year I resolved to complete the Great North Run, and did indeed achieve a feat that in January 2004 would not have been possible, through a lot of hard work and dedication.

It damn near killed me.

However, inspired by Jill Twiss, I feel compelled to share my targets for the new year with you all:

1. Be better.

Specifically a better husband, worker and friend. There have been times when I probably didn't do things as well as I should have done in certain situations in both my personal and work lives last year, and that's something which I hope to improve upon this year. I'm sure I'll still fuck up at times, but if I can raise my game across the board it'll be a good thing.

2. Climb mountains.

Well, technically that should be walk up mountains, as I'm not about to do anything stupid and invest in a set of crampons and an ice axe. However, in much the same way as I have now run a half marathon, this is the year to climb Snowdon, Ben Nevis and Scafell Pike (although I'm buggered if I’m going to try and do it in one 24 hour period).

3. Finish the jobs I start.

Currently I've got something of a fondness for starting DIY projects and not completing them (e.g. I still need to paint the skirting boards in the lounge and the ceiling in the bathroom, despite tackling the remainder of those two rooms well before Christmas.

I reckon if I can stick to these, it should be a 2005 to remember, and one in which I help my bit of the world to run a bit smoother.

Comments:
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory