<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
 
drip...drip...drip
Right, well I suppose you're all wondering what has happened to me over the last few weeks?

Tough luck if you weren't, I'm going to tell you anyway.

I've started my new job, which is very exciting, and because it's a proper job, means I actually have work to do and have to use my brain. It certainly beats filing all day long, although sadly means I can't blog as much as I would like.

We moved house, which has meant I've spent a lot of time drilling holes in walls, and putting up shelves and general DIY stuff. Unfortunately, we’ve found that the small bit of flat roof we have leaks, which would have a useful piece of information to have pointed out by our surveyor.

Sadly, our survey wasn't that useful. So now when it rains, we get a steady drip…drip…drip (not Marti Pellow's new band, in case you were wondering) into the bucket we put underneath it. This makes sleeping slightly difficult, and has led to much worrying about the cost of fixing such a problem. Still, hopefully we'll be able to get it sorted fairly soon.

The other blog has taken up some of my time, as I've felt the pressure to post on that one slightly more than I have to update shades of grey, which is a bit rubbish of me really.

Generally my life has been spent commuting on the M1 to and from my new job (if any of you enjoy sitting stationary in a car, can I recommend the stretch between Junctions 21 and 25 Northbound on a Friday afternoon, it really is the business. Otherwise it’s been a steady stream of DIY, sleeping, doing general household chores and cursing the scumbag who we bought the house from.

The reason I'm cursing him, is that they (he and his family) left the place in a terrible mess, and as a result we keep finding dog hair, dog accessories (I found a bowl and some dog chews under our kitchen cupboards last night, whilst investigating a slight leak) and general rubbish which they considerately left behind.

Still, when the house is made to look nice, it should be lovely. Just need to get rid of that hole in the roof first…

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory