<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Friday, August 27, 2004
 
The small print
I've just gone out and bought a new fridge, freezer and washing machine from John Lewis.

Now, knowing that they are "never knowingly undersold" I did a bit of checking around, and found the fridge and freezer cheaper elsewhere. So today, armed with my information I strolled confidently to the Electrical department and informed them of my desire to spend a lot of money.

Having pointed out the items that I wanted, I then started to try and knock down the price.

This wasn't as easy as I'd thought it would be.

Having taken the prices I'd found elsewhere my technophobic (Her: "I hate computers.", Me: "But you work in Electricals!?!") helper proceeded to check out my claims.

Sadly, the price I copied down for the fridge was for a display model only (didn't say that when I checked last night) but at least the freezer was cheaper. However, she then factored in the fact that whilst John Lewis offer free delivery to my home, the other retailer would charge me for the privilege of having my purchase delivered to my home.

Nonetheless, I still managed to knock a whopping £14.05 off my total spend, and still get a better guarantee than I would have got had I shopped elsewhere.

Astonishingly, I feel quite pleased about this - it's the equivalent of getting a free crate of beer!

As the saying goes: "simple things, simple minds."

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory