<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Monday, August 23, 2004
 
Rowing four rowing for gold
Saturday morning, I stumbled out of bed at some ungodly hour of the morning, turned the kettle on and made myself a cup of tea, before depositing myself on the sofa to watch the Olympics. After warming up nicely with silver and bronze in the women's pair and double sculls the scene was set for the main event.

Hiding behind a cushion and with my cup of tea drained and on the floor beside me I rowed every stroke of the way with them (well, not really I'd only have slowed them down), and was delighted when Matthew Pinsent, Ed Coode, James Cracknell and Steve Williams did the business with 0.08 seconds to spare.

It made getting out of bed worthwhile.

I should also make a special mention of the Canadian crew who lost out, to be so magnanimous in defeat showed real class, and it wouldn't have been nearly as exciting without them.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory