<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, August 25, 2004
 
Got my number
My number come up today.

Well, truth be told it landed on my hallway this morning after the postman pushed it through the letter box.

Since we rather foolishly decided to run a half marathon at Christmas, the Mrs and I have been training, and now the day of reckoning draws near. Unfortunately, whilst I've had spells when I have diligently applied myself to training for the longest foot journey of my life, lately I've become somewhat slack in my approach, and with the event drawing ever nearer I'm slightly concerned that I may end up doing a Paula.

This became particularly apparent when I saw the elevation profile of the course, and the steady two mile climb that comes between miles 3-5 looks decidedly unpleasant on paper, never mind how it will feel in the flesh.

Nonetheless, I feel certain that on September 26th, I'll be stood surrounded by throngs of people, all of us making foolishly bravura claims about how we regularly run 7 minute miles (rather than my usual 10).

The Great North Run is something I've grown up with, and wanted to do for a number of years, only to be held back by my own lack of fitness and apathy. Well not any more. This year is the year when I stand up to be counted.

I'm number 24355 and I'm proud of it.*



*I just wish I didn't have to run 13.1 miles to prove it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory