<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, July 28, 2004
 
Pass me a hammer
After what seems like forever (well it's been at least three months) the Mrs and I have finally exchanged contracts on the purchase of our first house.  We don't get the keys for another month, but we're committed to move now, and I can't wait.

The thing is, whilst I'm excited about the move, and the chance to paint walls a colour other than cream before knocking nails into them, I'm slightly scared.

Being a homeowner is such a terribly grown-up thing to do.  All I need now is a pension and some rug rats and I'll officially have waved goodbye to my youth.  I appreciate that as someone in their mid-twenties, my griping about the ageing process might come across as galling to those of you who are older than me, but it's still a slight cause for concern.

I suppose that ageing is one of those things that we can't escape, and buying a house is just the last nail in the lid of the coffin that contains the body of my student life. 

Perhaps rather than mourn the passing of my "youth" I should embrace the fact that I'm now entering a period in my life which should be characterised by increased stability and financial prosperity.  After all, together with the new house, the new career starts at the end of this month (exam results permitting).    This is an exciting period in my life, and one that I feel ready to embrace - in much the same way as I did when I left home and moved to University seven years ago.

The future's bright...  

   

   

                       ...and the walls soon will be!


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory