<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
Are you sitting comfortably?
Why do office chairs have a thousand levers, yet only adjust to a position approaching comfortable when threatened with brute force? 

Contorted into a position that Houdini would have struggled to escape from I am puzzled as to how someone actually chose to set there chair up in this way.  Can it really help someone to sit at the desk when they are two feet off the ground, with the base of the seat tilted thirty degrees towards the desk and yet the back set to recline as far as possible.

Finally after two hours of pushing levers that cause me to jolt from one position of extreme discomfort to another equally stressful position I succeed in achieving something which might possibly be considered acceptable.  Unfortunately, I then got cocky, and thinking I'd cracked it, decided to alter the height of the back rest.

Big mistake.

It went up, but then wouldn't go down.  I'm a tall man, but this chair must have been designed with some kind of genealogical freak in mind.  The base of the back rest went so high it was pressing into my shoulder blades and refused to budge.  After much discomfort and frustration (prompted by the fact that whilst it was very easy to get into this position it took me over half an hour to get the bloody thing back down again) I was able to get it back to the original position - just so I could start the whole rigmarole again.

I hate sitting at a strangers desk.



 
I also want to destroy the small cuddly toy sat proudly atop their monitor.  But that is a source of stress relief I am saving for another day...






Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory