<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Thursday, June 24, 2004
 
Goodnight Frasier, I'll miss you
Off in to the sunset heads my favourite radio shrink, and it is with a great deal of sadness that I bid farewell to Dr Frasier Crane. Frasier was a programme I started watching ten years ago, which for me was always consistently funny and yet always seemed so underrated by Channel 4.

Why else would they keep moving it around the schedules, showing the last series at the frankly rubbish time of 10.50pm on a Wednesday, if they didn't appreciate it? More to the point, why did they make such a song and dance about the departure of Friends, yet let the always superior Frasier slip out the door with barely a whimper?

It's a sad state of affairs that Friends got all the press, yet Frasier was cleverer and funnier. Perhaps it simply boils down to the fact that Frasier was a clever comedy, and some viewers were put off by that. It's still sad that people seem to favour the stupid and unthreatening comedies over those with a bit of wit. (Why else would Joey be the spin-off from Friends?)

So good bye to Frasier Crane, and I wish you good mental health.

Comments:
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Laser+manhattan+tooth+whitening
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory