<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Monday, June 21, 2004
 
Fuming
The temp who I am currently working with has just gone out for a cigarette break. No harm in that as such (and I'd certainly rather he did that than smoke next to me), but I doubt he will record the break on his time sheet. As such I presume he is getting more time away from his workplace, and therefore doing less work, than a non-smoker (e.g. me).

This strikes me as massively unfair. Why should I miss out, whilst he gets extra breaks just because I don't smoke and he does?

I know it's quite easy to sit and talk about this as a non-smoke and to feel aggrieved, but I can't imagine too many work places being happy at a similar situation with nay other addiction. How many offices employ alcoholics, and allow them to have a cheeky drink every so often throughout the day? So why should smokers be given preferential treatment in this way?

Is this the same everywhere, or do other smokers have to clock out/record their breaks on their timesheets (and if so, how many actually do?).

Comments:
I think it kind of works out, as after all he'll probably keel over dead from the plethora of diseases that smoking inflicts on you. And he smells.

To combat this take regular "screen breaks". This basically means going for a walk, preferably via a sweet shop or your local public house.
 
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Roulette on ebay Evista myrtle beach sc 2003 corolla floor mats cheap Weight loss image Pictures of britney spears breast implants salisbury skin care
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory