<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
 
William RIP
Finally saw Kill Bill Volume 2 last night, and whilst I was thoroughly entertained at the time, I can also see why it's been getting mediocre reviews. Like I said, I was completely enthralled for large parts of the film, particularly the chapters leading up to the inevitable confrontation with Bill. I also really liked the western feel to the film, with the Sergio Leone homages particularly pleasing to the eye. However, towards the end it struck me that the dialogue seemed to lose it's snap and started to sound a bit flabby, which is ultimately to the detriment of the film. Perhaps if Tarantino had spent a bit longer in the editing suite and hadn't been rushing so that he could go off to Cannes the film might have been that bit better.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory