<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Friday, May 21, 2004
 
Must do better
I see Craig Bellamy has demanded better from his team mates next season, and has also formulated his own views as to why we didn't do as well as we should have done this season. Whilst it's good to here the players demanding more from themselves, and indeed interesteing to hear that Viana also wants to stay and prove himself I'd be happier if I knew we were also in the process of investing in the squad.

Whilst obviously not as closely involved as Bellamy, it strikes me that we lack sufficient quality and /or depth in certain key positions. We could do with someone to cover the right wing and left back roles in case of injury to Ambrose/Bernard. We need a right back who is better than Hughes (nice bloke, but not a top class right back I'm afraid). We also need to replace Shearer sooner rather than later.

Given Craig's history with certain members of our coaching staff, I wouldn't be too upset if we were to appoint an Assistant Manager either. As with all things, it's a case of wait and see (and hope).

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory