<$BlogRSDURL$>
1000 Shades of Grey
Wednesday, May 26, 2004
 
Cash, credit or ...
Flicking between channels last night in a shameless attempt to avoid work I stumbled across Eastenders doing one of their double-header episodes. Last night saw the inevitable fall out from Kat's decision to sleep with Andy to settle Alfie's debt. Needless to say, Alfie didn't react too well to the news. By far my favourite quote from the episode was Alfie referring to how to pay his suppliers "Cash, credit or half an hour with the missus". Genius.

In truth the episode saw the two actors (whatever happened to the word actress by the way?) involved exploring a range of emotions, and was actually pretty heart warming in the end. It remains to be seen how the characters develop from here, and indeed the soap as a whole, which has been in something of a lull of late, but I for one would like to congratulate Shane Richie and Jessie Wallace for a cracking half hour's work avoidance.

Speaking of TV that I've stumbled on lately, I was somewhat unnerved to find a bloke I went to University with appearing on a programme (Combat Pilot, BBC2 7.30 pm on Mondays) featuring the training of fighter pilots by the RAF. Which was somewhat bizarre, if only because despite knowing people in all the armed services it still slightly unnerves my cosy life view that I know people putting their lives in danger on the whim's of politicians (some like George W who neither I nor they even get a choice in appointing).

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory